Speaking to Express.co.uk, Dr Debroah Lee, Dr Fox Online Pharmacy, explained that the most important thing about taking apple cider vinegar, is to take it safely.
She said: “ACV is after all an acid – acetic acid – and acids are corrosive substances which damage surfaces.
“When you swallow ACV – your gastrointestinal tract is the surface which could become corroded. Blisters, ulcers, and erosions in the gut could potentially even lead to perforations, which can be fatal.
“This would be extremely rare, but always take medicines carefully and follow the recommended instructions.”
READ MORE: Nigella Lawson weight loss: Chef’s easy diet to lose two stone